I get nervous when my hair resembles anything poofy or beauty queen big (not that there is anything wrong with big…just as long as that word is not used to describe my hair). So, you can imagine my hesitation when my friend suggested I try using Hot Tools 2’ curling iron. Very. Hesitant. Well, I am here to tell you that I had no reason to ever doubt this very large and lovely hot curling iron. It is like your own personal hair stylist, and gives you the same result as a professional round brush blow out. I bought one for myself and one for my kit.
- The trick is to concentrate on the ends, and hold the barrel horizontally, instead of rolling the hair around the barrel vertically (unless your hair is super long, than go for it). This helps the iron to smooth out the hair while gives that movement at the bottom
- For added height, lift the hair at the crown up towards the sky and roll the barrel downward toward your scalp.
- After releasing the barrel, pin the curl or roll it around a Velcro roller while it cools. This will help to retain the curl and add extra volume.
Here are the details:
- Multi-Heat Control with separate on/off switch to 'memorize' your favorite heat settings.
- Giant 2" 24 K gold-plated barrel with extra long cool tip creates the largest curls and even straightens.
- Soft-Grip handle and extra long thumb grip.
- Powerful spring clamp, foldaway safety stand and 8 foot heavy duty cord.
- Patented Pulse Technology maintains constant even heat from 10 variable heat settings (low to extra hot) with 85 watts of power.