One of my favorite artist recommendations this year has most definitely been Koh Gen Do cosmetics. Makeup God to the stars Kristofer Buckle introduced me to this line, and I should be sending him flowers! I had the most incredible experience with the entire Koh Gen Do line, and can no longer imagine my kit without their HD products. I know rely on these products to use on my celebrity clients, and high pressure HD shoots and always have amazing results!
The products are exquisite, and create a buildable, yet natural looking finish that withstands the elements of on set work, and the requirements of the HD Camera (which is notoriously unforgiving). I love that you can blend the formulations, and rely on the powder to set the foundations to a water resistant finish that never cakes. This is a phenomenal line for more mature skin, or anyone dealing with large pores or uneven skintone. Just flawless goodness is all you will see once you apply this. It is also fun to know that most of your favorite shows (Glee!!) count on Koh Gen Do to make their stars look picture perfect.
One of their Artist spotlights says it perfectly: “After much experience with the challenges that HD shooting poses, I came to learn that only ONE powder- KGD's Natural Lighting Powder could cut the sheen from certain harsh interior lighting, and outdid all others including anti-shine – AMAZING. Between their 3 foundation colors, 3 color primers, and 2 of the most effective HD loose powders I've encountered, I can satisfy most of my basic makeup needs. " "KGD's yellow primer makes for the most flawless of skin tones, even where more makeup coverage is needed, this primer allows for a sheer makeup application… GORGEOUS."
My new staple favorites are below:
Maifanshi Moisture Foundation
- Mineral makeup cream foundation that turns into liquid foundation when applied.
- With 60% water encapsulated into the formula to give you the superior coverage of a cream foundation and a smooth, sheer finish like a liquid foundation.
- Two types of powders are created for this foundation. A flat shaped powder that reflects the light erasing all shadows that appear from uneven surfaces of skin and the round shaped powder that covers all tiny pores.
- The foundation was tested and created to wear beautifully for 10 hours or more with a perfect ratio of 60% water, 30% highly refined oils and 10% powder.
- The formulation of the encapsulated water and powder by oil from the first application release the powder and water throughout the day. This keeps your skin from drying and keeps your skin looking moist and fresh all day.
Maifanshi Natural Lighting Powder:
- Camouflage uneven skin tones with this unique, ultra-fine pearl powder formula.
- The soft, refined pearls diffuse light to cover pores and balance skin surfaces for a natural, luminescent sheen.
- Undetectable on HD cameras, and sets makeup to a water- resistant finish
Maifanshi Makeup Color Base Pearl White
- This base cream contains micronized pearl powders for an optical smoothing and brightening effect of the skin.
- It illuminates dull skin while its protective formula guards against harmful UV rays
- The yellow-gold tint minimizes pores while the silver-pearl hue reflects light, adding superior-quality luster.
- Dab a small amount of Color Base lightly onto cheekbones, temples and areas that need brightening. Smooth on neck and décolleté for added elegance. Can also be used on eyelids for an eye-brightening effect.