This is a post I have been writing and re-writing for months now, because I keep finding new products in the line that I love. Which one to review!?....hmmm, how about all of them! This line earns an extra long gush worthy post.
Your Best Face Skincare is a company that is made by two amazing founders, Darrell Owen, and Kimberly Fristed, who treat their customers as friends, and therefore are passionate about making sure their products are able to work for everyone. Even my boyfriend Mike has tried to steal my stash on a regular basis!! (the nerve!). This is the brand that I suggest to my friends because it's a great, simple, anti aging line that gives results and doesn't make your skin go nuts. It's my go to. My love. And my best face.
Each formula multi-tasks and is highly concentrated, Darrell stats that “We held on to the philosophy of using the most effective and safest ingredients, whether natural or synthetic, throughout development of the YBF formulas available today and will always do so with future products.”
The entire YBF line is lightweight and refreshing, and yet you never lose the feeling that your skin is not being taken care of and super hydrated! They kept the oils to a minimum to help your skin stay clear and their products use a combination of water and oil-based actives. That is the appeal of YBF Skincare; they use effective, but gentle and healing ingredients.
The products smell great because of their active ingredients such as spin trap, nutmeg butter and other extracts. It smells fresh, clean, and pure. And the best part is that you can go to their site, and get some great Q & A's from their founders!
Here are my current favorites:
Prep: Prep is a creamy microdermabrasion treatment that infuses skin with botanicals that brighten and soothe, vitamins and antioxidants that heal and protect, and peptides that smooth existing wrinkles and help prevent new ones.
- While Prep's microdermabrasion crystals polish, skin brightening alpha arbutin and niacin help balance uneven pigmentation for a refreshed look and more rested appearance.
- Prep uses vitamins, soothing extracts and moisture binding botanicals to reduce inflammation, balance skin, improve overall tone and suppleness and discourage future blemishes. Prep is also an excellent treatment for men looking to improve the quality of their shaves.
Correct Eye Cream: The most popular product, Correct is the ultimate end-all-be-all eye cream that helps you fight signs of aging and fatigue around the eyes. Correct includes peptides that reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness. Also, a trio of advanced skin brighteners reduce dark circles and brighten the entire eye area.
- Perhaps a better name for Correct would have been, "ZING!" because of the energizing and recharging experience you get from the spicy nutmeg butter, vitamins and caffeine.
- A concentrated cocktail of the latest age-fighting peptides are here to serve and help to smooth the skin, plump up existing wrinkles and curtail new ones from appearing. Now with the addition of the award-winning puffy-eye-fighting-peptide Eyeseryl, Correct takes a leap forward in its ability to help you look your best.
- A trio of brighteners including alpha arbutin, Haloxyl and licorice root extract target dark circles and signs of fatigue from every angle. Delicate eye area tissue is strengthened, dark iron deposits are flushed from the skin and excess pigmentation is put on notice resulting for cumulative improvements to eye area brightness that makes you look more rested and alert.
Balance: Balance is anti-aging skincare that also helps your skin look healthy, feel matte and be calm. Balance fights against new breakouts as well as helps to decrease the duration and damage of existing breakouts. Vitamin B5 naturally helps prevent new breakouts from acne-causing bacteria. It also speeds healing and helps your skin better retain moisture which further reduces breakout potential.
- We're very excited to include tetradecythioacetic acid (TTA) in Balance, which is a very effective and gentle anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Working naturally as a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR), TTA helps protect skin and regulate sebum to better fight acne.
Hydrate B: Improving hydration is an important step toward better-looking skin, a step that can enhance your skin care routine by getting the most from moisturizers and other products you use. Hydrate B Concentrate attracts and draws moisture deeper into the skin, helping active ingredients better penetrate, stay effective longer and perform better for skin that feels supple and smooth. This moisture-binding, clear gel includes three forms of B vitamins which work to help rejuvenate the skin, speed healing, and improve tone and texture.
- Before the application of other moisturizers or serums, apply a very small amount of Hydrate B and massage into skin. You can also blend with other favorite products or do-it-yourself skincare recipes.
- Hydrate B generally pairs best applied priopr to other products, but you may also find it to be a gentle alternative to using toners or as a stand-alone skincare treatment.