If you are anything like me, you have been spending every Sunday at various football get togethers, desperately trying to pretend you understand the game. With playoffs in full swing and the Superbowl coming up, there are plenty of opportunities to shout for your favorite team, or hang out with your girlfriends and their screaming, crazed sports fanatic men.
Whether in the stands or partying in the living room with friends, looking your best is as easy as cheering for your favorite team. Celebrity makeup artist Kristopher Buckle says, “You don't want to ‘doll’ yourself up in products and colors you wouldn't normally wear. You have to be true to you…just magnified!”
Channeling sports loving celebs like Alyssa Milano and Marissa Miller, the below tips help any glamour girl master the sideline look. But first, to make sure you don’t commit any personal fouls, take a time out with this game time cheat sheet…
1. Start the game with glowing skin: Celebrity makeup artist Bruce Grayson recommends sticking to a daily anti-aging moisturizer that works to restore skin’s volume and shape. Try Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Fragrance-Free – this ultra-luxurious, unscented formula helps smooth skin’s surface and firm the appearance of areas most prone to sagging—even the jawline.
2. Cover up flaws with a great foundation: Kristopher Buckle says, “Sporting events have hideous lighting, so it's important to cover any flaws with a foundation that will look natural, like COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation. It's about keeping it sheer and natural-looking by prioritizing the eyes.”
3.Mascara and lip color make the look sideline ready: “All you need is two coats of great thickening mascara like COVERGIRL Lash Perfection. Also remember a sheer, fresh colored lip color,” continues Buckle.
4.Recreate runway-inspired hair for game time wear: Sport a modern ponytail like Pantene Global Ambassador Sam McKnight created during London Fashion Week with these simple steps:
- Work Pantene Pro-V Fine Triple Action Volume Mousse through damp hair and blow dry using a round brush to create smooth texture
- When hair is dry, using a medium barrel heated curling iron, curl hair from halfway down and clip into place to set (you could also use heated rollers to achieve this look)
- Remove the curled section and brush through with a nylon bristle brush
- Using a fine toothed comb, create a low side part; part should be in line with the high point of the eyebrow and should reach right to the crown of the head
- Comb hair over the ear and secure with elastic in a low side pony tail on the opposite side of the part
- Using a soft bristle brush, brush pony tail curl in place to create one gorgeous curl
- Set the style in spray with Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Style Touchable Volume Hair Spray
5. Don’t forget about your man!: Head & Shoulders celebrity stylist Sunnie Brook Jones and celebrity dermatologist Dr. Ilyse Lefkowicz know that your man may get stressed about his favorite team losing the big game. They recommend Head & Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care Shampoo with soothing menthol and eucalyptus, which will help calm his senses and bring him back to reality!