Oscar Beauty Breakdown: Jenna Dewan-Tatum
makeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams for tarte
Inspiration: “Our inspiration was iridescence. Jenna wore opals and had a hint of mother of pearl in her dress so we wanted something with a touch of shimmer.”
FACE: “Jenna’s skin is gorgeous and has that pregnancy glow so she needed very little coverage.”
- Kayleen started by applying tarte’s BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer in light to prepare Jenna’s skin.
- Then she used Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in tan all over her face and maracuja creaseless concealer in tan just under her eyes.
- She finished by applying tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in peaceful on the apples of her cheeks.
EYES: “We wanted something iridescent, so I mixed a lot of shimmery shadows and liner to get the look.“
- Kayleen mixed Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate and plum smoke all over her lids and along the bottom lash line.
- She then used skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in onyx on the outer edges of her eyes, both top and bottom and skinny smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in slate on the inner corners and blended them well.
- She finished by applying two coats of lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara.
LIPS: “We wanted a statement lip, but kept it sheer so the look was fresh.”
- Kayleen used two coats of tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in moody to build up the color and smudged it very well.
BODY: “I wanted to give Jenna a little sheen on her skin. I rubbed a little bit between my hands and applied wherever the sun would hit her skin.”
- pure maracuja oil