Madonna’s makeup artist, Sammy H. Mourabit, used Votre Vu products to create her look for Tuesday’s premiere of the MDNA Tour documentary in NYC. He drew inspiration from Marlene Deitrich’s iconic 1930’s look from the movie “Morocco.”
Below he shows you how to Get The Look!
- To achieve Madonna’s flawless complexion, Sammy first hydrated her face with Votre Vu Attentive Crème de Jour for Sensitive Skin without forgetting the neck with Portrait Collar Restorative Neck Crème.
- He then dabbed Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Concealer in Champagne under her eyes and also on the darker areas of her skin, to even out her skin tone.
- One of the tricks he used was mixing the Love Me Deux Nourishing Moisture Tint in Champagne with the Attentive to achieve a dewy look. Next, he accentuated her cheekbones by contouring them with Votre Vu’s Beaute en Bronze Tantalizing Bronzer Duo.
- The last touch was the Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose on her cheeks and a little bit of the Belle Poudre HD Sheer Face Finish in Light. The result was a modern Marlene Dietrich look.
- To create a 30s eyebrow, he first groomed the brows with a brush, and then applied the Arch de Triumphe Daily Brow Definer in Warm inside the natural eyebrow line. The thinner line captures that 30’s look.
- To cover the excess natural hair, he dabbed some Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Concealer in Champagne, giving the illusion of a clean groomed eye without the need for over-plucking.
- On the lashes, he used Eiffel Power Mascara only in the center of the eyelashes. To intensify the 30s look, he added some false lashes to the outer corner of the eye.
- For the lips, Sammy first contoured them in a heart shape reminiscent of the 30’s style with the Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked (coming out in September). He followed by mixing two shades of the French Kiss Moisture Riche Lipstick (coming out in September) for a luminous and voluptuous effect. He applied the darker tone, Margaux, to the outer lines of the lip and the lighter tone, Annette, to the inner lip.
All products can be found on www.Votrevu.com.